Traffic Tickets Can Lead To Insurance Rate Increases
How much your insurance rates will increase following a speeding ticket will depend on your insurance company’s rules and policies. However, here is an example from one insurance company that will give you an idea of how your insurance premium can be affected as a result of a speeding conviction.
Please remember that your insurance premiums may be affected by many variables, including good driver discounts, credit rates, driving history, miles driven per year, location, type of vehicle, age of the driver, and many other factors.
Speeding Tickets Drive Up Your Premiums
- If you are convicted of speeding 1-14 mph over the speed limit, it will lead to around an 11 percent increase in your insurance premiums.
- A conviction of speeding at 15-29 mph over the speed limit will lead to around a 12 percent increase in your insurance premiums.
- Convictions of 30 mph and up over the speed limit will lead to around a 15 percent increase in your insurance premiums.
- If you have been convicted of careless driving, you can expect to see around an 18 percent increase in your premiums.
- If you have been convicted of reckless driving (which is a misdemeanor in New York), you can anticipate a 22 percent increase in your premiums.
What Should You Do?
The Turbo Team will help you avoid high fines and penalties, points on your license, increased insurance rates, and traffic courses. We believe that every case is different, so contact our attorneys for a free consultation. We will review your case to see if your violation points can be reduced to protect your driving record.
Talk To Us Today
Our Buffalo office is centrally located for New York State drivers. Arrange your informative meeting with one of our lawyers when you call 716-634-4646 or fill out our intake form.