White Collar Crimes Can Elicit Felony Charges
White collar crimes are nonviolent crimes that are typically committed by business professionals with the intent of deceiving a party or institution for financial gain. While these crimes often unfold in seemingly normal office settings, they can often land those who perpetrate them in prison.
A charge stemming from a white collar crime is a serious matter. At Trbovich Law Firm, we take these cases seriously, and we understand the nuances and complexities that can be involved. Call our Buffalo office today at 716-222-2222 to learn more.
Serious Charges That Can Take Place At The Federal Level
Traditionally involving fraud, white collar crimes are very serious infractions that often invoke hefty punishments at both the state and federal level. Having a team of attorneys with the knowledge and experience to handle white collar crimes can be critical to your case. We can offer defense services for a number of criminal charges, including:
- Fraud: This offense may involve bankruptcy, credit cards, health care, insurance, mortgages, welfare or securities. Forgery charges can merit similar consequences, and our firm can assist with those as well.
- Blackmail and extortion: Illegally demanding compensation can be a significant crime. We can also aid in bribery and racketeering charges.
- Corporate espionage and intellectual property theft: Spying on a company can be illegal, especially when it is done to harvest trade secrets.
- Counterfeiting: Drafting counterfeit documents or currency is a serious, sometimes federal crime.
- Embezzlement and money laundering: Illegally funneling money from your business may find you charged with embezzlement. Attempting to “clean” ill-gotten funds with your business is also a violation of the law.
- Insider trading: What you thought was a harmless stock tip could prove to be a federal crime.
- Ponzi and investment schemes: Defrauding investors is often a harshly punishable offense.
- Tax evasion: Circumventing your taxes can leave you facing the legal heft of the United States government — our attorneys can help.
If you have been accused of a white collar crime, it is important that you turn to effective legal counsel. At Trbovich Law Firm, our team is well-versed in white collar criminal cases, and we can help you design a defense that suits your case.
Start Protecting Your Rights Today
Our law firm is prepared to start working for you. To arrange for a complimentary consultation, call us today at 716-222-2222. You can also email our Western New York office by visiting our contact page.